Support a Vibrant Food System in
Summit Food Coalition supports access to nutritious foods for all Summit County residents, and spurs economic opportunities for farmers and food entrepreneurs through education and advocacy.
Our work creating a vibrant local food system in Summit County includes:
- NeighborFood Mini Grants to support the creation and maintenance of community gardens (60 gardens have been supported since the inception of NeighborFood!);
- A recently completed food policy inventory of Summit County and the City of Akron, identifying proactive policy and collaborative opportunities to set the stage for farmers and food businesses to thrive;
- Publication of a local food passport with prompts for taking action to support the local food economy in daily life;
- Launch of Summit Kitchen Connect, a resource to connect budding food entrepreneurs with underutilized kitchens throughout the community;
- Recognized our first annual Local Food Hero for significant contributions to the local food system;
- Created a Local Food Guide scheduled for release in the spring on 2018- identifying farmers' markets, CSAs, and other direct to consumer outlets for local growers, including those venues accepting SNAP and providing nutritious food incentive dollars for SNAP customers
We need your support to continue to provide resources and education to make positive systemic changes for the benefit of consumers, farmers, and food businesses in our community.
Summit Food Coalition is a not for profit entity operating under the fiscal sponsorship of Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank. Your tax deductible donation will directly support the important work of Summit Food Coalition.