Support a Vibrant Local Food System in
Summit Food Coalition builds the framework for a just, sustainable, and vibrant local food system.
Our work includes:
- NeighborFood Mini Grants to support the creation and maintenance of community gardens (90 gardens have been supported since the inception of NeighborFood);
- A food policy inventory of Summit County and the City of Akron, identifying proactive policy and collaborative opportunities to set the stage for farmers and food businesses to thrive;
- Publication of a local food passport with prompts for taking action to support the local food economy in daily life;
- Launch of Summit Kitchen Connect, a resource to connect budding food entrepreneurs with underutilized kitchens throughout the community;
- Annually recognizing a Local Food Hero for significant contributions to the local food system;
- Advocating for policies in support of local food systems at the local, state, and national levels;
- Publishing a Local Food Guide (first release scheduled for spring 2018) identifying farmers' markets, CSAs, and other direct-to-consumer outlets for local growers, including those venues accepting SNAP and providing Produce Perks incentive dollars for SNAP customers.
We need your support to continue to provide resources and education to make positive systemic changes for the benefit of consumers, farmers, and food businesses in our community.
Summit Food Coalition is a not for profit entity operating under the fiscal sponsorship of Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank. Your tax deductible donation will directly support the important work of Summit Food Coalition.