NeighborFood Mini Grant Application Information
Summit Food Coalition's NeighborFood Mini Grant Applications are now available.
The deadline for applying is March 22nd.
Summit Food Coalition’s 2019 NeighborFood Mini Grant Application
Before your application will be considered, you will need to:
1. Show that your garden is easily accessible to the neighborhood. We need a physical address; a site evaluation will be made before grants are awarded.
2. Demonstrate that your gardens are for personal and neighborhood use only. These grants do not support market gardens or school gardens.
3. Provide documentation of participation in a community garden leadership training program.
4. Show it is a COMMUNITY garden. Relatives are encouraged to garden together. However, at least three different households need to be represented in the garden.
5. New community gardens should conduct a soil test and a site assessment checklist and attach a copy of them along with your application. Established community gardens should attach a copy of a soil test if one was taken. Soil test instructions here, and an order form is here.
6. It is expected that all community gardens have all necessary permits or agreements for property or water use as required.
If you receive a grant, you will need to:
1. Start gardening within 30 days of receiving funds; if you do not, you will need to return the money to Summit Food Coalition.
2. Submit photos and an end of season progress report outlining highlights and challenges faced during the season no later than September 20, 2019. Future funding opportunities will depend upon report submission.
3. Be available to meet with Summit Food Coalition’s NeighborFood Mini Grant designees for garden visitations.
4. Let us know if you need any help. Mentors are available.
5. Have fun!
Apply online or send completed applications to:
Summit Food Coalition
c/o Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
350 Opportunity Parkway
Akron, OH 44307
Deadline for applications is March 22, 2019. Recipients will be notified of status by April 5.